Saturday, June 23, 2012

of trying and egos

One thing that gets on my nerves is not trying at all.
Not even giving a fool's fight for what's worth.

Maybe it's not even worth the energy that you would expend just to ball up your fists.
But hey, don't even think about it if you don't think it's worth it.
Much less talk about it, dream about it.

So, here's the bottom line:
I'm pretty poofed out by the fact that not much effort was put into it (I don't like using the word 'disappointed' in any context but I'm strongly leaning towards it).
The miniscule first step might have satisfied the ego.
You know, come to think of it, it just might have been all an act in the little thrill of satisfying the ego (Too much has been joked about said ego to not be true).
And maybe it's me that was fighting the fool's fight after all (Too much effort has been poured in to justify the end).


So, you know what, I'm going to find another source to say to me, "I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the words... I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun."

No comments:


Free Counters